Re: [Hampshire] New Forest Solar

Author: Gordon Scott
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] New Forest Solar
Hi Brad,

I should of course have said "allow" rather than "put".

You don't mention the _real_ reason why people want to put them in green
spaces, which is that they get large subsidies for feed-in, rather than
having to manage the land that's lost to agriculture or wildlife.

I can see cost being an issue where they're over car parks and the like;
access and safety perhaps(!) on high roofs.

_But_ the real-estate for those places exists. They're not taking
otherwise valuable land out of normal circulation.

For me personally, the access/cost/safety arguments make little sense.

Obviously others will have different views.

--
Gordon Scott.    Electronics and software engineering.
        Basingstoke UK

But for the sake of some little mouthful of flesh
we deprive a soul of the sun and light,
and of that proportion of life and time
it had been born into the world to enjoy.
=== Plutarch AD44-120