Re: [Hampshire] Hosting recommendations

Author: Michael Daffin
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Hosting recommendations
Also, if you only need a static site and don't mind a bit more technical
setup you should check out github pages <https://pages.github.com/>. They
offer completely free hosting of static content, designed for
project/organization pages and such but might be worth looking into. It is
jekyll <http://jekyllrb.com/> backed and so allows you to build up a
website based on templates and markdown and being static has no security
issues unlike dynamic sites.

Sites can be edited and push live by simply pushing to github and pages can
be edited in githubs ui so is a bit more technical, but they don't offer a
fully fledged editor like you would find in wordpress. Sites are generated,
served and cached all over the world so are lighting fast no matter where
your users are.

Being completely free it is worth a look at if its limitations are not a
big issue for you.