Re: [Hampshire] Hosting recommendations

Author: Michael Daffin
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Hosting recommendations
I quite like digitalocean
<https://www.digitalocean.com/?refcode=8fba3fc95fef> (this link will also
give you $10 credit for free, cheapest vm they offer is $5 a month). They
are the cheapest and simplest VPS provider I have seen so far but still
provide excellent quality service. The provides a whole bunch of
applications images you can spin up and try out with out even needed to log
into the vm (including a wordpress image).

They charge by the hour (up to a maximum per month) so you can spin up a vm
with out any major commitment.

I have also used linode <https://www.linode.com/pricing>in the past and
have been very pleased with them. They cost about the same as digitalocean
for an equivalent vm, but digitalocean offer a smaller/cheaper size if you
don't need as much resources. They also don't offer pre-installed
applications like digitalocean do.