Re: [Hampshire] Alternatives to TrueCrypt?

Author: Imran Chaudhry
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Alternatives to TrueCrypt?
> Can't speak specifically about creating encrypted USB HDDs but if you liked
> TrueCrypt, I'd strongly urge you to look at Veracrypt.
> https://veracrypt.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Downloads
>
> I tried it and it looked so like tc (which I've used for years) that I was
> actually quite surprised when it couldn't read a truecrypt container. But
> it does seem to work well.
>
> Cheers
> Rob

Hey now that looks interesting Rob, thanks.

When you said "codeplex" I thought "thats Windows only though?"...but
I spy a Linux client there.

I'll give this a spin. It looks exactly like TrueCrypt - but maintained.

--
Key fingerprint = EF78 310C C517 9564 9ECA 82F6 68FA E621 17E1 5D16
http://about.me/imranchaudhry