Re: [Hampshire] Python GUI

Author: Ally Biggs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Python GUI
Awesome stuff :) Can I ask you a Python related question? currently I am learning Bash Scripting to automate a few administration tasks, But eventually would like to make the transition to either Python or Ruby.

Regarding Python is it more feasible to learn version 2 or 3? I mean how long is 2 going to be supported for? Or should I forget 2 altogether and just focus on 3.

Again was going to use Python for administration, I am a noob when it comes to programming but wold like to eventually be able to create a script with various options from a menu driven system all presented in a nice GUI. That is the eventual aim.

I take it you have programmed for a while and are a god compared to myself :)