[Hampshire] Help with Linux server

Author: Stephen Pelc
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Help with Linux server
Thanks to all who responded. We are now back up and running as
far as I can tell. After looking at enough blinkenlights after a
night's sleep, it appeared that a switch had failed. The boot
time failure messages were (apparently) irrelevant.

What this all tells me is that we really are vulnerable and that
we do need a new "Mr Server". Various people on this list have
done the job in the past. It's a small Dell server (SC1420?)
running Centos with LVM. It connects to the ISP, collects our
mail, provides FTP and so on. We do expect to be changing ISP
during 1Q2015.

We need someone with easy transport to Hill Lane, remote access
will also be provided. Payment is annual for the the server
maintenance, and also on a per-project basis. If you are
interested, please contact me directly.

Stephen
--
Stephen Pelc, stephen@???
tel: +44 (0)23 80 631441, +44 (0)7803 903612, fax: +44

believed to be clean.