[Hampshire] Portsmouth LUG BaB meeting this Saturday, 15th N…

Author: Lisi Reisz
To: portsmouth, hampshire
New-Topics: [Hampshire] ERRATUM :-( Portsmouth LUG BaB meeting this Saturday, 15th November, from 13:00 to 18:00
Subject: [Hampshire] Portsmouth LUG BaB meeting this Saturday, 15th November, from 13:00 to 18:00
Our next bring a box meeting will be the coming Saturday, June 21st, from
13:00 - 18:00, in the Broadoaks Social Club.
http://www.broadoaksocialclub.net/where.html

There is plenty of room and some power points, which can be extended by the
extension leads some of us sometimes remember to bring. (Hint, hint!)
Switches would also be useful. There is Wi-Fi, but it is, shall we say,
problematic (and slow). There is also ethernet, but again not very fast (2
Meg) and the room has, if they have not been pinched, homeplugs.

We have a speaker. Dr Gareth Owen, Senior Lecturer at the University of
Portsmouth will speak on:
Tor, the darknet, online anonymity and privacy.

Dr. Owen is the course leader for the Forensic Computing degrees and a cyber
security researcher with specific interests in reverse engineering and memory
forensics. There is a talk synopsis here:
http://bsideslondon2014.sched.org/event/b36b081f3fbf462fe45ecb6b45bd4e83#.VFepDH62F5x

Tea, coffee and a full bar are available. Food on a Saturday is sparse unless
preordered. (Scratchings, crisps etc.)

The club has requested that in future we should sign in. I shall therefore
have a book or pad on the table at the back of the room. Please do not
forget to sign in on your way in.

For newcomers:
There is plenty of parking just opposite the club, and Hilsea railway
station is immediately adjacent. If coming by car, please note that Norway
Road is at a higher level than Airport Sevice Road, and flies over it.

The door to the club will probably be locked. If so, you will need to
ring the buzzer and ask for the Linux meeting. Go up the stairs and
through the bar to the door at the back left corner of the bar.

I shall aim to be there not later than 12:30. If I am the only one left at
any time after 5:00, I shall go. So if you want to arrive ultra late, make
sure that you let me know!

The gold moneybox will as usual be at the back of the room.
**Voluntary** contributions welcome.  Recommended amount: £3:00:
which, being interpreted, means in the range £0.00 to £<infinity>.
We do have sundry expenses from time to time, which this fund covers.  We
shall also in future be having to pay a small charge for the room, which has
hitherto been free.

Lisi