Re: [Hampshire] Freeview DVB Tuners

Author: Keith Edmunds
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Freeview DVB Tuners
On Sun, 02 Nov 2014 23:23:24 +0000, linux@??? said:

> Can anyone recommend an HD Freeview TV card that works with Linux.

I use a PCTV nanoStick T2 290e (http://stevekerrison.com/290e/). It's USB
rather than "a card", but it receives HD Freeview nicely.

> Preferably with dual tuners.

The above is a single tuner; however, unless you're doing something
unusual, you're unlikely to need a dual tuner. In the UK, all the HD
channels are on the same mux, so only one tuner is needed. I'm using the
above under MythTV, and can record up to three programs simultaneously on
the one tuner (it's only limited to three because that's how I set it up:
in theory, it could record more).
--
Linux for Web Devlopers - 15 Mistakes to Avoid: http://goo.gl/2SKjYL

"You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone
who will never be able to repay you."