Re: [Hampshire] Arch vs Debian

Author: Gordon Scott
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Arch vs Debian
On Thu, 2014-10-09 at 20:31 +0100, Keith Edmunds wrote:
> I kept out of the systemd debates at the time, but once the decision was
> made, I got myself a quick intro to it from one of my tech guys. I was
> very favourably impressed. I don't want to start a war about it, but it
> isn't the demon (hehe) it's been made out to be by some.

I think this is all down to one's personal attitude to risk in the
context.

If on doesn't mind if a machine breaks for a while, or indeed if the
challenge of fixing it is "what makes you tick", then you may want to go
for the highest risk option.

If your machine is a tool to do a job and it breaking is a significant
concern, you'll likely go for a low risk option.

The only person who can decide what risk is appropriate is oneself.
Everyone else just has their opinion.

Now editors, that's another matter ... there is only one true editor,
but I'm not going to tell you what it is :-D

Gordon.