Re: [Hampshire] Munich Council was: (no subject)

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Munich Council was: (no subject)
On 2014-08-20 23:48, Paul Tansom wrote:
> When it comes to the fact that Exchange is an integrated suite with a
> single
> client app I sort of understand peoples liking for it.

I really dislike Outlook as an email app, but it has a lot of
functionality
that is really useful for a business environment that a simple email
solution
doesn't provide.

We use Zimbra in house, which provides an Exchange-like solution with
email,
address book and calendaring. It syncs with mobiles via the Exchange
interface,
so you get calendars and emails on your phone as well.

The desktop app is a huge app in the same way as Outlook (plus I think
it's
Java based), but the webmail solution isn't too bad, and I just use
that
from my (Linux) desktop.

--
Be seeing you,