[Hampshire] Open Source CRM

Author: Full Circle Podcast
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Open Source CRM
Ok, here's a wide-open question on CRM...

We're a registered charity in the social care space providing training,
publications, conferences, workshops; we have members on subscription and
sales to Joe Public; we're looking to move up to the next level, doing more
in education and with the private care sector.

So yes, we need to manage contacts, invoices, orders, products, events,
mailings, prospects, reports and all those good things.

My illustrious predecessor took on a commerical trial of Salesforce and
promptly ran away.

One of our Heads of Practice is leaning toward Open Source from cost and
licensing concerns and not wanting to go bespoke or re-invent the wheel.

And yes, I can run a Google search on Open Source CRM and get back a list
of products that may be more or less Open Source and may be more or less
'CRM.'

Anyone want to suggest feasible Open Source CRM that doesn't require a team
of developers in-house to maintain it? Anywhere on the scale of £ less than
Salesforce and more than free is an acceptable option.

--
Rgds
RC

Robin Catling