Re: [Hampshire] Code base and Emergency Data Laws

Author: jay bennie
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Code base and Emergency Data Laws

Sent from my iPhone

> On 17 Jul 2014, at 22:58, Lisi <hantslug@???> wrote:
>
> On Thursday 17 July 2014 22:20:23 Brad Rogers wrote:
>>> and in respect of breaches of trust.. we have a long heritage of good
>>> political oversight to intercept abuses of power.
>>
>> ROFLOL!
>
> The bombing of Baghdad anyone? Millions marching to protest?
>
> Sorry - politics. But good political oversight?

may be i see the plethora of freedoms of open critisim, courts that can and do prosecute and voting for all as a panacea.

what i also see is a lack of ability for legitimate spying on persons breaking laws, polititions and business interests making secret deals outside of law and police abuse of power.

I also see 40% of the population read crap and base there opinion on retoric and spin, and have an idealistic notion of a perfect socity and a personalised view of right and wrong.

people are corrupt! people break laws, fact.

you need tools to collect evidence, and courts of elected or just persons to make judgements of right and wrong... anything less is folly.