[Hampshire] Weird DNS issues

Author: Dr Adam John Trickett
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Weird DNS issues
Hi,

A few weeks ago when there was the big DNS issue I started to have problems
accessing certain sites, twitter being one of them. After a few days I assumed
it would get better but even now I'm getting odd results from any computer on
my home network using my local DNS.

Some sites work fine but some such as twitter, or Map My Ride are unusable.

I've flushed all the caches in the browser and even tried different DNS servers
- bypassing my own, and even restarted my ADSL connection but I can't see what
the problem is.

All the sites I try come up okay for the base page but struggle when it comes
to the sub components, such as images, javascript and CSS which is often on a
fancy CDN server at couldfront etc.

It's like there are some duff DNS entries cached somewhere, but I don't know
where they would be to purge them.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

I've found that people who are great at something are
not so much convinced of their own greatness as
mystified at why everyone else seems so incompetent.
    -- Paul Graham, "Great Hackers" 2004