Re: [Hampshire] C development

Author: James Courtier-Dutton
To: lug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] C development
On 26 June 2014 08:22, Damian L Brasher <lug@???> wrote:

> Roger, James, do either of you use Doxygen, or similar? Can you
> recommend an efficient way to use such a tool?
>
> I want to maintain some documentation; graphical visualisation to
> present the C code base structure and runtime flow.
>
> Thank you
> Damian

Damian,

I have not used such a tool. Doxygen is useful to document each
function, but relies on the developer to add it.
I don't think doxygen can present pretty graphs of C code base and runtime flow.
I am sure there must be some tools that work with CLANG/LLVM to do
what you want.
The runtime flow is probably called the "control flow graph" or CFG.
Also, tools that manipulate, graph the "Abstract Syntax Tree" or AST
might also help.
So, google for those terms and you should find something.

Kind Regards

James