Re: [Hampshire] [Surrey] Raspberry Pi and Solar Chargers

Author: Tim B
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [Surrey] Raspberry Pi and Solar Chargers
Surely that sort of clock is just a MOSFET, a relay and a GPIO pin. There are loads of example circuits on the web for that. For reference,  a 555-based timer is not particularly accurate over long periods. The PI's internal clock (note that this is not an RTC, though real time synchronisation can be added with NTP) will do a much better job of timing long intervals.

Cheers,
Tim B.

Sent from Samsung Mobile