Re: [Hampshire] [Surrey] Raspberry Pi and Solar Chargers

Author: James Courtier-Dutton
To: linux, General Linux/Unix community List
CC: hampshire@mailman.lug.org.uk
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [Surrey] Raspberry Pi and Solar Chargers
On 9 June 2014 13:11, <linux@???> wrote:

> Hi All
> I have recently set up one of my raspberry pis and a cheap webcam to film some flowers growing on my window sill however going to plug them in last night I realised the nearest plug socket is miles away.

What about mains extension lead? Like the 100Meter ones you can get at
WIckes, B&Q, Homebase. etc.
It sounds to me that also having something clock triggered that could
power down the camera most of the time, power it up once every X
hours, take a picture, power down again. Unfortunately, the PI does
not have a clock like that.

Kind Regards

James