Re: [Hampshire] Top posting

Author: Imran Chaudhry
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Top posting
On 28 May 2014 10:34, Alan Pope <alan@???> wrote:
> When a list has precious else to talk about (I guess Linux works for
> everyone most of the time now), and the members have been around a
> long time the flames are easier to start.

I never considered that reason for the low-traffic (that everything
mostly just works) but it's probably true!
I figured that the community is more fragmented now as there is
Facebook, Google+, Twitter and meetup.com's all around us.

On the "mostly works now" front, I had an interesting read through
this thread recently.
http://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/26fjei/as_a_linux_user_since_only_2009_i_just_want_to/

I think all the "veterans" on this list deserve a pat on the back for
sticking with Linux all these years ;)

--
Key fingerprint = EF78 310C C517 9564 9ECA 82F6 68FA E621 17E1 5D16
http://about.me/imranchaudhry