Re: [Hampshire] What XBMC Hardware?

Author: Imran Chaudhry
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] What XBMC Hardware?
Hi Peter,

Thanks for that - sounds like they are doing a "Raspberry Pi" with
their device. It's interesting learning about new hardware projects
like this.

That being said I won't be a guinea pig for this and OpenElec :) I'm
really sensitive to stupid little things not working like menu
sounds/clicks which was missing from the Raspberry Pi build. I'd
rather have something thats been out a few years and that people have
tried OpenElec on.

After some research I've decided to go for an Acer Revo 3600 which
according to users on the OpenElec forums runs pretty well with most
of the stuff I care about working. It is an Ion-based board which has
very good support.

I'll give a follow up once I have it all configured.

Thanks

On 23 April 2014 09:59, Peter Collins <hampshire.lug@???> wrote:
> Hi Imran
>

> On 22 April 2014 20:09, Imran Chaudhry <ichaudhry@???> wrote:
>>

>> I'm after decent hardware to run XBMC on, I've already tried
>> OpenElec/Raspberry Pi but was not satisfied with it. I've bought a WD
>> Live Media Player which I am similarly not 100% happy with.
>>
>> My requirements are:
>>
>> * must have power on/off via remote
>> * must be small footprint
>> * menu click sounds
>> * quick response with no lag between button press and on-screen menu
>> * able to play hi-def including 1080p via HDMI
>> * remote that is easy to configure
>> * at least one USB port
>> * optical digital audio out nice but not essential
>>

> I have also been looking for such a device which would fit nicely in the
> family lounge but wont cost a fortune and have just come across this device:
>
> http://cubox-i.com/table/
>
> According to the manufacturer the CuBox-i4Pro is ideal and comes with the IR
> transmitter and receiver. It also includes Optical S/PDIFAudio Out
>
> If you plunge in and try one I would be interested to hear your feedback.
>
> Rgds
>
> Peter.
> @tripleclones
>

> --
> Please post to: Hampshire@???

Key fingerprint = EF78 310C C517 9564 9ECA 82F6 68FA E621 17E1 5D16
http://about.me/imranchaudhry