Re: [Hampshire] What XBMC Hardware?

Author: Peter Collins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] What XBMC Hardware?
Hi Imran

On 22 April 2014 20:09, Imran Chaudhry <ichaudhry@???> wrote:

> I'm after decent hardware to run XBMC on, I've already tried
> OpenElec/Raspberry Pi but was not satisfied with it. I've bought a WD
> Live Media Player which I am similarly not 100% happy with.
>
> My requirements are:
>
> * must have power on/off via remote
> * must be small footprint
> * menu click sounds
> * quick response with no lag between button press and on-screen menu
> * able to play hi-def including 1080p via HDMI
> * remote that is easy to configure
> * at least one USB port
> * optical digital audio out nice but not essential

I have also been looking for such a device which would fit nicely in the
family lounge but wont cost a fortune and have just come across this device:

http://cubox-i.com/table/

According to the manufacturer the CuBox-i4Pro is ideal and comes with the
IR transmitter and receiver. It also includes Optical S/PDIFAudio Out

If you plunge in and try one I would be interested to hear your feedback.

Rgds

Peter.
@tripleclones