[Hampshire] Problems at PortsmouthLUG meeting with lady behi…

Author: Lisi Reisz
Subject: [Hampshire] Problems at PortsmouthLUG meeting with lady behind the bar
'Morning all! ;-)

I'm so sorry that I did not succeed in attracting all the bar lady's
displeasure onto myself. I am particularly sorry that at least one
first time attender attracted her ire.

I have been in touch with Jon Carter, who is on the committee of the
social club (I think he may be Membership Secretary) and is also a
member of PLUG. He arranged the room for us. I quote from his
reply:

<quote>
I'm sorry to hear that you received less than the usual courtesy.
[snip]

To clarify the £1 guest rule. It only applies to those wishing to
purchase alcohol or play the gaming machines. Those drinking
non-alcoholic drinks do not need to pay.

I'll drop the Club Manager a line to ask him to remind all staff of
this.
</quote>

My apologies again. In case of future repeats please deflect anything
onto me. But hopefully there will be no repeats. This is certainly
the first time that it has happened.

Lisi