Re: [Hampshire] NASs

Author: Imran Chaudhry
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] NASs
Hi Chris,

I like budget/DIY solutions so I'd recommend either:

* FreeNAS http://www.freenas.org/
* Run Debian etc on low-power/cheap PC/SheevaPlug/Raspberry PI - and
attach large cheap multi-Tb USB HDDs

Paid for, I hear QNAP or Drobo are good. Drobo tends to be more
high-end I think.

Depending on what you're doing - look at Dropbox also.

On 30 January 2014 09:33, DAWE C <the-labyrinth@???> wrote:
> I would like a NAS at home, on which I can store lots of files and have them
> accessible from both Limux and Widnows. (I am trying to avoid the mistake I
> made w few years ago, when I got a network disc which needed a driver to
> access, so was only available from certain versions of Widnows!).
>
> Any recommendations from people?
>
> Chris
>
> --
> Please post to: Hampshire@???

Key fingerprint = EF78 310C C517 9564 9ECA 82F6 68FA E621 17E1 5D16
http://about.me/imranchaudhry