[Hampshire] Lubuntu/Acer Aspire one Battery monitor

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Lubuntu/Acer Aspire one Battery monitor

Hi,

As mentioned in a previous post I installed Lubuntu on an old Acer Aspire
One recently.

The machine is surprisingly usable as long as you don't have too many
windows open at once and push it into swap (only 512MB RAM).

However the original battery was dead when I received the machine, so up
until this weekend I've always been running it connected to the mains.

I've now bought a new extended battery for it (surprisingly cheaply) and
suddenly notice that there doesn't appear to be any kind of battery level
indicator or monitor installed.

Any advice on either where it might be hiding or what to install to add
one?

Andy