Re: [Hampshire] Suggested Distro for an original Acer Aspire…

Author: Ian Park
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Suggested Distro for an original Acer Aspire one?
On 12/01/14 17:31, Keith Edmunds wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 12:29:23 -0500 (EST), andy.random@??? said:
>
>> Anyone else using an old Aspire one, what do you run
>> on it?
> Hi Andy
>
> I'm running Debian + XFCE on mine, which works pretty well. Not tried any
> RH derivative, sorry.

I'm running Mint Debian Edition on my ZG5 (BTW, system monitor reports it as a *dual core* processor, but to enable that I need to install the 686-pae kernel [1], and the RAM is 1GB). It's not lightning fast, but I find it acceptable. I also like the fact that I can run my Shorter Oxford English Dictionary using Wine.

[1] http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_debian.php

Ian