Re: [Hampshire] Terminal screen saver

Author: Paul Freeman
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Terminal screen saver

Happy New Year all!

Leo, I believe there is a linux kernel parameter which will do what you
require:

consoleblank=    [KNL] The console blank (screen saver) timeout in
            seconds. Defaults to 10*60 = 10mins. A value of 0
            disables the blank timer. [1]

[1] https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt

there is always the option of using the serial console to catch any
messages if your client & server machines have serial available!