Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] upcoming meetings

Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] upcoming meetings
On 18 December 2013 18:54, Chris Dennis <cgdennis@???> wrote:
>> Out of curiosity, does HantsLUG have a Facebook page, a event could be
>> created for it?
>

> No, we have a proper website at hantslug.org.uk!

Not sure if this is meant in jest?

Are you seriously suggesting that we don't need to promote our
meetings outside a website which probably gets near zero new visitors
every month?

Like it or not Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and others have the
opportunity for us to reach new people. It may be that you don't
actually want any new people to turn up in which case fair enough. I
just wanted to figure out what the motivation for having meetings and
promoting them on the list and website was if that's the case.

> I've added a calendar entry for the February meeting, but you (James, and
> any other HantsLUG member) are more than welcome to add posts or pages about
> these events, or anything else vaguely related to Linux.

I'm still frustrated that we used to have a wiki which worked fine,
and was then comprehensively broken by successive parties to the point
where nobody edits it at all.

Al.