Re: [Hampshire] audio CDs - KDE

Author: Dr A. J. Trickett
To: Peter Alefounder
CC: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] audio CDs - KDE
Peter,

> Thank you, Adam. I installed K3B and found that KDE now recognises
> audio CDs, and offers to open them with it. Still a mystery why
> Sound Juicer works under Gnome but not KDE, but I can manage with
> K3B. It occurs to me that Sound Juicer was installed under Gnome:
> maybe when I added KDE, it didn't get properly linked in and I
> should try re-installing it under KDE.

Sometimes you get strange results when you install one major suite then add
bits from another or one suite on top of the other. I mostly run stock KDE
because I find Gnome so staggeringly ugly and illogical (but that is certainly
the result of my greater familiarity with KDE and not that Gnome is ugly -
beauty is in the eye of the beholder) but even so I sometime find the defaults
go screwy.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
    -- Napoleon Bonaparte