Re: [Hampshire] audio CDs - KDE

Author: Adam John Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC: Peter Alefounder
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] audio CDs - KDE
On Friday 13 Dec 2013 12:27:29 Peter Alefounder wrote:
> I discovered that audio CDs were not recognised under Debian 7.1 KDE. A
> web search gave me the impression that Gnome might handle things better,
> and indeed, it does: I find that Sound Juicer, for example, works properly
> under Gnome. However, it would certainly be more convenient to have it, or
> some other CD player, working under KDE. Any ideas on how to achieve this?

Always used KDE on Debian and never had a problem with audio CDs. What do you
have installed? I find that Amarok is a very good media player and there is
always Clementine if you want the simpler version.

To rip an audio CD I personally use ripperX but K3B is pretty good at ripping
too, both use cdparanoia to do the actual work.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

I guess that, if you're in Microsoft's shoes, it makes sense. If you
can't write software or protocols that can stably walk and chew gum,
program in a limit that prevents the user from telling it to do so.
-- Jonathan Patschke, on limitations in Active Directory