Re: [Hampshire] JOB | Permanent Linux Systems Administrator …

Author: Paul Freeman
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] JOB | Permanent Linux Systems Administrator (Singapore)
On 2013-09-28 09:13, Richard Bensley wrote:
>> How quickly the years fly by. It seems you learnt nothing
>
> It's a two way road it seems. I have been recruited from a mailing
> list in the past. And I shall continue to network with and employ
> professionals using public resources. Especially when said resources
> are related to software developed and driven by people and
> communities, but also companies.
>
> It's not like this list is bustling with activity, but my email
> filters are sufficient enough for other mailing lists.

I have to say, although only having been on this list a little over 18
months that it is not known to me for high levels of traffic :)

> If you really want to go the route of "what-list-does-what", then
> good luck with that sunshine, I guess you should get your proposal
> together for hlug-hardware, hlug-offtopic, hlug-design-software,
> hlug-office-software etc, and nobody will subscribe to any of them.
> There are bigger, faster moving communities than ours, don't be so
> hasty to divide and categorise when there isn't yet enough content. I
> have no intention of subscribing to Linux jobs, neither to I intend
> advertise there. I am going where the talent is.

I'm inclined to agree, I don't really see a problem currently!

> For anyone interested in the job, it sounds fascinating! There are a
> ton of developers working in Singapore, mostly in finance but also
> for
> Autodesk among others. Could well be for a company that contributes
> Open Source Software.

Indeed, although I myself would not contemplate the uprooting of my
family I do not object to the odd posting of relevant vacancies to this
list!