Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu Edge crowdfunding drive misses target

Author: Peter Collins
To: Tim B, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu Edge crowdfunding drive misses target
Hi Tim

On Sunday, 25 August 2013, Tim B wrote:

> Phone+laptop+desktop. That's a very big claim, and not one I think can
> be supported, given the widely varied use cases.

Not in a VDI environment which is becoming more and more common. Certainly
if I could prove it worked well then my company would certainly have a good
chance to use the edge. 95% of operational users are in a VDI environment
accessed via thin clients in offices with laptops given to those who
require remote access, these users normal have a company mobile as well. We
could easy replace three devices with one.

Reds

Peter.