Re: [Hampshire] How to get your foot in the door?

Author: Jack Knight
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] How to get your foot in the door?
On 20 August 2013 17:50, Ally Biggs <bluechrome@???> wrote:

> I already use the vi editor :) wouldn't have it any other way. I have
> started dabbling with Python and I really like it beating in mind I am new
> to programming It was a breeze to setup and the syntax so far is pretty
> clean and easy to follow.

If you are using this combination (as do I) I recommend following the
following additions to the vim config...

http://sontek.net/blog/detail/turning-vim-into-a-modern-python-ide

It turns a highly functional editor into (IMHO) a great one. The syntax
checking and highlighting alone are worth the minimal effort to install the
plugins.

Enjoy...

--

Jack