Re: [Hampshire] How to get your foot in the door?

Author: Ally Biggs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] How to get your foot in the door?
I already use the vi editor :) wouldn't have it any other way. I have started dabbling with Python and I really like it beating in mind I am new to programming It was a breeze to setup and the syntax so far is pretty clean and easy to follow.

I am working through learn python the hard way which is a web based tutorial series. Good thing about python is I have it setup and running on my work Windoze box so I can continue learning in downtime win win situation :)

For the guys who mentioned C language that's a bit above my level mere mention of anything C related gives me a headache. Maybe one day I will understand basic syntax but currently I have only started my programming journey.

As for the sysadmin / networking I have a Dev box which can host a few Virtual machines I am also armed with the RHCSA / RHCSE book by Micheal Jang and have the Linux Bible latest edition which covers alot of Red Hat and I found a absolute gem of a book :)

Centos 6 server cookbook so I the plan is to get the Dev box up and running and get some services hooked up I've got a few Winblows hosts so that I can setup Samba and Tiger Vnc.

Everyone thank you for the advice :) are the meets based in Southampton would be really good to meet some of you in person

Sent from my iPhone