Re: [Hampshire] Recommendations sought for system upgrade

Author: Lisi
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Recommendations sought for system upgrade
On Tuesday 13 August 2013 13:12:33 Imran Chaudhry wrote:
> b) buy a quality case and just upgrade the motherboard (and other
> components) every 5 years or so. I've done this for the last 15 years
> or so with an Antec Sonata ATX case.

This can fall over as a strategy. I have an Antec Game Boy, which I have
reused for a new build. I am landed with various bits that don't connect
because the connections have changed; most notably, but not only, the fans.

I am getting used to my poor crippled machine, but it could serve as a warning
to others to be cautious about assuming that, just because it is a quality
case, your case can be reused.

Lisi