Re: [Hampshire] Add another hard drive to the same mount poi…

Author: john
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Add another hard drive to the same mount point?
Hi

Why not use externally mounted drives in a drive caddy. This is easy with
sata drives. It also helps the environment by being only powered up when you
need it.

There are bash scripts which enable the drive to be picked up when connected
and bash scripts to turn the drive off when not needed.

My method of use is to power up the external drive. Copy the data to a ram
drive. Switch of the exteranal drive and examine the data at my leisure.

Similarly when downloading several big iso files. I download the data to a ram
drive. I switch on the external drive and then transfer the data to the
exteran drive.

This also enables me to use a lower wattage power supply.

John Eayrs