Re: [Hampshire] [OT] SMTP servers

Author: Ian Park
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] SMTP servers
On 23/07/13 16:27, Chris Dennis wrote:
> Hello folks
>
> Has anyone used an SMTP service (free or paid-for) recently that they
> can recommend?
>
> This is for someone whose ISP (eclipse) fails to provide SMTP
> authentication, and only allows SMTP when connected via their
> broadband connection, making it difficult to send emails from a laptop
> when on the road.
>
> cheers
>
> Chris

FWIW, I've found 1&1 reasonable, though lately I've had some grief when
trying to send mail through their SMTP server to some of my regular
correspondents (one on Tiscali, one with his own email realm - don't
know who his ISP is - and the third on cox.net in the USA). In each
case, mail was rejected because of a bad reputation as a source of spam.
Fortunately I was able to switch to my ISP's SMTP server (ntlworld, now
taken over by Virgin), 'cos I was at home. I'll be interested to see how
things go when I'm away on holiday next week...

Ian

--
Ian Park
email: i.d.c.park@???