Re: [Hampshire] [OT] SMTP servers

Author: Paul Stimpson
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] SMTP servers

Chris Dennis <cgdennis@???> wrote:
>Hello folks
>
>Has anyone used an SMTP service (free or paid-for) recently that they
>can recommend?

I believe that gmail's SMTP service allows you to alter the return address as long as you verify the address with them first. I could never make this work consistently but that was nearly two years ago so ymmv.

I solved the problem by getting a VPS from Andy Smith and the fine guys at Bitfolk.com and running my own MTA where I get to set the rules. That always works :-)

Bests,
Paul.

--
Sent from Kaiten Mail on Android. Please excuse my brevity.--