Re: [Hampshire] HP Ubuntu All-in-one

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] HP Ubuntu All-in-one
On Wed, 6 Mar 2013 12:58:33 +0000, James Courtier-Dutton
<james.dutton@???> wrote:
> On 6 March 2013 12:56, Samuel Penn <sam@???> wrote:
>> Shame it's rubbish.
>>
>> 20″ HD+ widescreen WLED (1600 x 900)
>>
>> Laptops are bad enough, but why did anything think that such a low
>> resolution on a desktop was a good idea?
>
> I agree. It seems strange that the resolution on phones is getting so
> good, and the resolution on laptops and desktops is getting worse?
> With your 10Mega Pixel cameras, surely you need laptop and desktop
> screens being much better than they see to be right now.

Just this second got around to read Linus' comments about the new
Google
Chromebook. 13" screen, with a resolution of 2560 x 1700.

That's a decent resolution (and it's even 4:3, for those who don't like
widescreen). Since Linus wants to get one, probably won't be long
before
full Linux is running on it.

Even the phone I'm considering getting has a resolution of 1920x1080.

--
Be seeing you,
Sam.