Re: [Hampshire] Podcasting Mics

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Podcasting Mics
** Tony Whitmore <tony@???> [2013-02-12 16:51]:
> Hi Paul,
>
> On 2013-02-12 10:59, Paul Tansom wrote:
> >I'm looking at getting a decent mic to use, not so much for
> >podcasting, but I
> >figured screencasting is close enough and so I thought I'd see
> >what people
> >recommended. At the moment I'm looking at something along the
> >lines of a Samson
> >Go Mic [1] or a Blue Snowball [2] as a basic starter for 10. Any
> >commends or
> >suggestions welcome :)
>
> Yes, I wrote up some notes about what we use for the
> soon-to-be-returning Ubuntu Podcast at
> http://tonywhitmore.co.uk/blog/2011/03/24/podcasting-microphones/
>
> >Also, does anyone have an experience of USB adapters to connect up
> >tape decks
> >and/or record players to a computer for recording? I'm looking at
> >something
> >like the Behringer UCA202 [3] at the moment rather than a
> >dedicated unit from
> >someone like Ion.
>
> Yes, they work. Not great quality but they're OK. I wrote about
> sound cards etc. at http://tonywhitmore.co.uk/blog/2011/03/25/mixers-and-sound-cards-for-podcasting/

** end quote [Tony Whitmore]

Thanks for the replies, I'm not keeping up on my list subscrptions too well so
far this year! I'll read around a bit before deciding, although it sounds as
though the Blue Snowball may do me well enough for now. I'm not in need of UUK
podcast level gear for now!! I may have to get my Skype up and running again
(just been playing with that on my Dad's PC, but it appears that creating an
account now Microsoft is in charge is not working properly - I get told my
password is not correct in spite of knowing exactly what it is and resetting
it!). I'm assuming that a good number of popey's screencasts use this, so will
be representative of sound quality.