Re: [Hampshire] Steam

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Steam
On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 08:07:29 +0000, Sean Gibbins
<sean@???> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Coming in on the periphery of the Linux vs. Microsoft desktop debate
> is the news that Steam is now available for Linux:

> Has anybody out there installed and played anything yet?

Installed it last weekend, and found it slightly unstable, and I needed
kill -9 it a couple of times (this was on Kubuntu 12.10, with NVidia)

The UX needs a bit of work as well - it's not possible to filter by
platform
(at least not that I could find in the list of Demos), so scrolling
through
100 Windows only titles to find the lone Linux compatible demo was a
bit
annoying.

The demo then didn't work, so I wasn't that impressed.

Until a significant number of AAA titles start getting ported though,
I'll
be sticking with the PS3.

--
Be seeing you,