Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Car based entertainment

Author: LUG
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Car based entertainment
Thanks to all for the responses...

Alan - No input jack in the car unfortunately and that is a good point on
the sound quality, I suppose things always need to be louder in the car to
overcome the road noise so something with little tiny speakers made from
crisp packets is going to struggle.
Tim - The geeky part of me has been looking at the Raspberry PI and
wondering if I could use for something but the practical part of my brain
keeps telling me I don't have the time. Unfortunately, the practical part
is right as that would inevitably end up as a half finished project!
Paul - That looks worth a look, thanks. Sorry about the Nexus....
Sean - You are absolutely right that it's not going to distract him for
long but it could form part of the arsenal of singing, books, funny faces,
rice cakes etc that we have used previously! I admit it's also partly an
excuse to buy a gadget.
Anthony - Yes, a very good point.

Cheers,
Keith