Re: [Hampshire] Getting 3D Acceleration/Compiz working with …

Author: Alan Pope
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Getting 3D Acceleration/Compiz working with Debian Squeeze VirtualBox guest
On 07/02/13 17:03, Imran Chaudhry wrote:
> I'm having a spot of bother getting 3D hardware acceleration and
> Compiz working in my Debian Squeeze Virtualbox guest. Whatever I try
> it defaults to software rendering. I have obvious things set such as
> "3D acceleration" checked in the guest settings (Display > Video >
> Extended Features).

I'd use VirtualBox from upstream and the guest additions from them, not
from the repo. We recently had a few bugs fixed in upstream VBox which
fix the 3D acceleration stuff.

I'm using 4.2.6 here and it works with Ubuntu 12.04 and 12.10. Ubuntu
13.04 is currently broken in VirtualBox in other ways we're working on
getting fixed

Cheers,
--
Alan Pope