Re: [Hampshire] Raspberry Pi Questions

Author: Michael Daffin
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Raspberry Pi Questions
On 5 February 2013 15:33, Mihai Badea <rumburake@???> wrote:

> - not great as media player, server, router or desktop system; probably
> more suitable for DIY projects such as web cat feeder and home security

I disagree it is perfect as a media player, I have one (model B rev 1 with
only 256MB of memory) running as a media centre that streams media from my
server to play on a TV. It works better then some professional solutions at
a fraction of the cost. I have also set up similar system for a couple of
friends and they have had no issues with it. Not to mention the thousands
of other people who use it for the exact same purpose there are even
two distributions focused on this task for the pi, openelec and rapbain.

It can also act as a server amusing you only need to do lightweight tasks
on it such as a file server, small web server, firewall etc.

--
Michael Daffin <james1479@???>