Re: [Hampshire] Raspberry Pi Questions

Author: Mihai Badea
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Raspberry Pi Questions
I got mine from CPC Farnell for £35 including transparent case (which is
awesome) and delivery.
A few points:
- only booted once on desktop, then used ssh and vnc only
- used a cheap class 10 SDCard from a photo camera
- Raspbian is very easy to use and update, just like a normal Debian but
it only sees 256MB out of the box; to see the whole 512 RAM you need to
download the new /boot files from git
- use any smartphone charger (750mA+) - gets stuck in bios if plugged in a
USB port such as router or laptop
- not great as media player, server, router or desktop system; probably
more suitable for DIY projects such as web cat feeder and home security