[Hampshire] No insult intended

Author: Lisi
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] No insult intended
Hi, everybody,

It is a while since I have been to a meeting, so I need to tell you about the
deterioration in my sight. It is relevant, or a lot of people are going to
be offended. I can no longer recognise people by their faces. This includes
my granddaughter and my husband. I recognise people by combinations of their
body shape, their colouring, their clothes and their voices.

I know none of you well enough to use those methods of recognition. So I
won't recognise you. *Please* don't be offended. And please don't be
offended when you tell me your name at 1:00 and I appear to have forgotten
you by 2:00. If you have very distinctive clothes (e.g. Chris's Tux jumper)
or a very distinctive build I might know who you are. Otherwise, I won't, so
please just tell me.

I look forward to "seeing" you all on Saturday.

Lisi