Re: [Hampshire] Meeting Talks

Author: Chris Dennis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Meeting Talks
On 29/01/13 10:33, James Bensley wrote:
> Reviving an old thread :)
>
> When this thread was first alive the wiki was down, this page is up
> and running now;
>
> http://www.hants.lug.org.uk/wiki/MeetingSuggestions/Talks

Yes, and on the new Wordpress website there are categories for talks
offered/requested. That site is still a work-in-progress though.

> I think the talks are a really good way of promoting the open sharing
> of information amongst the luggers, and bring new faces to the LUG
> meetings (there are three great talks happening this weekend if you
> didn't know already!). I am quite happy to be the one to record talks
> ( although I would have to be loaned a camera :D ) and either provide
> free hosting for the video files or be the one to upload them to
> YouTube (to tie in with the currently running social media thread,
> HantsLUG could have a YouTube channel? Again I would happily volunteer
> my self to run this).
>
> Can a site admin chime in here please? Currently account creation is
> disabled, is this going to be re-enabled ever? It would be nice if LUG
> members could freely sign up and request/offer talks.

Automatic account creation will not be re-enabled, because we get dozens
of spammers/bots logging in and causing havoc. Please contact me at
webmaster@??? if you want an account on the wiki and/or the
new Wordpress website.

Or if you (i.e. anyone) just want me to add something to the HantsLUG
website(s), just let me know and I'll do it for you.

cheers

Chris
--
Chris Dennis                                  cgdennis@???