[Hampshire] Meeting Talks

Author: James Bensley
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Meeting Talks
Reviving an old thread :)

When this thread was first alive the wiki was down, this page is up
and running now;

http://www.hants.lug.org.uk/wiki/MeetingSuggestions/Talks

I think the talks are a really good way of promoting the open sharing
of information amongst the luggers, and bring new faces to the LUG
meetings (there are three great talks happening this weekend if you
didn't know already!). I am quite happy to be the one to record talks
( although I would have to be loaned a camera :D ) and either provide
free hosting for the video files or be the one to upload them to
YouTube (to tie in with the currently running social media thread,
HantsLUG could have a YouTube channel? Again I would happily volunteer
my self to run this).

Can a site admin chime in here please? Currently account creation is
disabled, is this going to be re-enabled ever? It would be nice if LUG
members could freely sign up and request/offer talks.

Kind regards,
James.