Re: [Hampshire] Promoting LUG meets via social networking

Author: Alan Pope
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Promoting LUG meets via social networking
On 28/01/13 22:24, Michael Daffin wrote:
> I wonder if it is worth setting up a webpage that users can request a topic
> for a talk/demo and possibly where other users can register topics they are
> willing to talk about.

This seems like the ideal way to get people engaging via social media.
Putting out a tweet/fb/G+ post which specifically asks for feedback such
as "What talks shall we give next month?" or "What would you like to
talk about at the LUG?" will likely garner responses. These could be
filtered, collated and posted on the website or mailing list.

Using the mailing list or website to request new topics falls into the
"preaching to the converted" I was hoping to work around with my initial
mail at the start of the thread.

Cheers,
--
Alan Pope