Re: [Hampshire] Best hardware for HTPC

Author: Gordon Scott
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Best hardware for HTPC
On Mon, 2013-01-07 at 13:31 +0000, Benjie Gillam wrote:

> I meant to say you effectively license them, with all the small print,
> restrictions, etc etc I don't think it can be said that you own them
> in the same way you own a sofa.

That does indeed seem to be the case. I some respects, I think it
always was, in that one only ever really owned the media, not the
content. What seems to have changed is that in the past, one could pass
the hardware on to someone else and, by implication at least, the
licence passed back and forth with the hardware.

Now they say one must not do that.
Not even to one's dependent on one's demise.

Gordon.