Re: [Hampshire] printer recommendation

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] printer recommendation
On 4 Jan 2013 23:46, "Lisi" <hantslug@???> wrote:

> On Friday 04 January 2013 21:37:04 john wrote:
> > Laser printer not inkjet is recommended for occasional hard-copies.
>
> +1. If the printer is only used occasionally the ink dries out in the
> nozzles. The skilled and adept can clean the nozzles, but it can get a

bit
> time consuming, and some of us are not very successful at it.
>
> > Brother laser printers will work on both 32 and 64 bit. Brother also

offer
> > telephone support on both windows and linux.
>
> My Samsung ML1510 cost me £49 some years ago. Samsung nowadays supplies

Splix

I have also been very impressed with my cheap Samsung ML1210. It has also
been possible to replace the toner without buying a new drum. It is a bit
messy, but for £12, quite a saving. The drum does wear out and the prints
are now a bit too light. Also the paper feed is not working so well
anymore.