Re: [Hampshire] Windows 8 (Not entirely O.T.)

Author: Gordon Scott
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Windows 8 (Not entirely O.T.)
On Fri, 2012-12-28 at 16:24 +0000, Tim wrote:

> I agree with Peter, it is better install on a fresh clean partition
> rather than to upgrade an existing installation.

Ditto.

I have to say though, that until recently I've only _seen_ upgrade and
OEM copies, no retail copies. DABS now have the latter.

A further good rule of thumb, generally, is not to move to the new
version until SP1 has been released. By then the worst of the howlers
should be reasonably sorted.

I suppose there's no point in asking for clarification of the term
'upgrade' :->

Gordon.