Re: [Hampshire] Dropbox alternative

Author: Peter Collins
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Dropbox alternative
On 19/12/12 21:28, Dr A. J. Trickett wrote:

> Hi,
>

> A friend is looking for something like Dropbox but it can't be Dropbox
> as it's apparently banned in China. He basically need to sync data on
> a server in the UK and one in China so people can easily read and
> write to their local server and have it synced with the other one, and
> ideally access it on the move - web access. Clients are mostly Windows
> but the servers could be Linux. He is willing to pay but free is also
> good!
>

> Any suggestions?

Have you looked at Owncloud? a you can host yourself and has web access
plus clients for mobile platforms, windows, linux and macs

We are trialling it work, we IT deptartment are using and looking at
rolling for staff. I have just updated to the stable45 branch as it
fixes some sharing features in the web interface.

Rgds